IMA Ludhiana observed Doctor’s strike today, OPD services have been suspended from 6 Am to 6 Pm, only Emergency will be attended Proximately 200 Doctor’s attended GBM meeting In IMA house, against NMC Bill is Anti democratic, Anti federal, Anti Poor & Rich or Anti Medical Profession.
· Elected representation to nine out of 29 members of the National medical
. Commission recommended by Parliamentary Committee rejected by Government
· Elected representation on autonomous boards recommended by Parliamentary
. Committee rejected by Government
· State representation marginalized to the extent that once represented for 2 years it shall remain unrepresented for 10 years.
· Representation of Universities negated.
· Autonomy of the state medical councils compromised. It will be bound by the directions issued by Government of India, National Medical Commission & Autonomous Boards.
Anti Poor and Pro Rich
· The management quota in private medical colleges and Deemed Universities raised from 15 % to 50 %.
Anti Medical Profession
Bridge Course of 6 months for Ayush practitioners to entitle them for Modern medical practice vested with state authorities. Dr. Arun Gupta, President IMA said that they send Memorandum to Ravneet Singh Bittu (Member Parliament). Dr. Manoj Sobti,( Past President IMA & PMC Member) said that NMC Bill has a draconian character which will cause irreparable damage to the interests of all the stakeholders and would reduce down regulatory mechanism to a puppetry with its strings attached to the Government. Dr. Saroj Aggarwal compered the Stage and also said vote of thanks.