Summers have started; and so have heat, humidity, and build-up of bacteria on various uncovered parts of the body. So, in order to protect the body, you need to take some important decisions and they include:
· Healthy drinks
· Proper intake of minerals
· Sticking to the home-made recipes of your Daddi and Nanny
· And the forever favorite: drinking warm water early in the morning with a slice of lemon properly squeezed in it.
Now, coming back to the point, some of the easy Home-made Drinks are:
– The key ingredient used is Yogurt. It is a traditional Punjabi drink, which is generally consumed after a meal in summers. But, there is more to it than just being an age-old drink. Listing down some of its Health benefits:
1. Soothing for Digestion
2. Prevents Constipation
3. Rich in protein
4. Reduces the development of Bad bacteria
5. Proves to be good for Dental and Bone health
6. Popular among Body-builders.
The key ingredient is Milk. A drink that is taken for granted but is a good source of nutrition. Our body’s daily requirement for food groups like Carbohydrates, Vitamins, Minerals, and Proteins, are met with a good dose of a milkshake.
1. No matter, at what age we are, nutritionists always advise us to drink a glass of milk daily for our Bone development.
2. Acts as building blocks of the body.
3. Various flavors can also be added.
4. Everyone’s Favourite.
– It is cool, tangy and refreshing. The lemons are sweet and tangy and they act as a natural antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and metabolism booster. Cucumber can help quench thirst and prevent the desire to snack due to Dehydration.
1 Cucumber thinly- sliced.
Fresh drinking water.
Frozen lemonade concentrate.
Place the cucumber slices into a large pitcher. Pour the lemonade concentrate over the cucumber and let it stand for 10 minutes.
All of these are best ways to remain hydrated. So, if you want to take care of your family and friends, then do drink them this summer regularly.